• Internet access is provided to support and facilitate the research, informational and other mission related goals of the Army Logistics University (ALU) Library community.
• In accordance with Joint Ethics Regulation, DOD 5500-7-R and AR 25-1 (Army Knowledge Management and Information Technology), DOD computer systems are provided for the processing of official U.S. Government information only. This system is monitored to ensure information security, system integrity, and the limitation of use to official purposes.
• Misuse of government equipment is strictly prohibited.
• The use of DOD computer systems constitutes consent to monitoring as an integral part of system management. Information derived from system monitoring may be used as a basis for administrative, disciplinary, or criminal proceedings. If you do not consent to continued system monitoring, exit this system now.
• The ALU Library is not liable for copyright or other use violations by Internet users.
Internet access is on a first come, first served basis, except when mission needs take priority. Patrons are limited to use of one computer at a time.
• Internet access is provided to support and facilitate the research of information and other mission based support.
• According to Joint Ethics Regulation 2-301a(2)(d), Use of Federal Government Resources. "Do not put Federal Government Communications systems to uses that would reflect adversely on DoD or the DoD Component (such as uses involving pornography; chain letters; unofficial advertising, soliciting or selling except on authorized bulletin boards established for such use)".
• There is no set time limit for Internet use, however, patrons are expected to make computer available within 30 minutes after they are informed that another patron is waiting.
• Patrons may print information within within the posted copy limitations. Patrons not following the posted limits may be deprived of utilizing the printing option.
• Personally owned external hard drives and thumb drives are prohibited and will not be attached to government computers.
• Misuse of Internet access or tampering with computer equipment will result in the loss of Internet access privileges.
• Online training in the ALU Library Language and Culture Learning Center will be done in a manner as to not disrupt other users. All users must sign in at the 3rd Floor Library Info Desk.
• No food or drink allowed in the library, around the computers, or in the ALU Library Language and Culture Learning Center.